The latest WhereScape RED beta (188.8.131.52) is now available for customer download.
A huge amount of effort has gone into this release. There are a large number of new features added based on customer feedback and suggestions in the WhereScape forum. There are enhancements to fix some of those minor but ultimately annoying little things, while others are radically new features that we will be extending for a while. Look for the official release in a few weeks time, but in the meantime customers can download the beta from today.
Significant changes include:
1. SSIS Loads. Ability to leverage the extract and load performance available from SSIS as part of the WhereScape RED processing. WhereScape RED does this by generating and executing an SSIS package dynamically at run time. Any errors or messages resulting from execution are passed back into the WhereScape RED workflow metadata to drive subsequent workflow actions.
2. TPT Loads on Teradata. Provides a faster method to move data from any ODBC source into your Teradata database.
3. New Data Type Mapping Facility. Enables custom data mappings to be used during drag/drop operations of source to target mappings. The standard sets have also been enhanced to cater for newer data types.
4. Set Based Dimension Update. For SQLServer and Oracle, it is now possible to generate set based updates for dimensions.
5. Restructured Reports Menu. The reports menu has been restructured to make easier to find the required meta report.
6. Reports Output Tab. The reports output has been redirected to a new output tab.
7. Application Load Dialog Restructured. This restructure has allowed for new options such as the control over indexes during the application load process.
The full release notes can be viewed here.