Multi-Schema support, a much requested feature is now fully supported in RED 22.214.171.124. The feature is available to all existing Oracle and SQL Server customers who upgrade to the current version of the product.
Multi-Schema support means that customers can now create more than one schema inside their Data Warehouse database to manage their tables and views. A potential scenario is separating presentation layer tables such as facts and dimensions from system tables such load, stage and data store objects. Because security can be applied at the schema level the new feature can have significant security benefits for customers.
There is a Simple “How To” in the release notes for RED version 126.96.36.199 on our website
Parallel processing for OLAP Cubes
New in RED version 188.8.131.52 we’ve added a new parallel processing feature that we think all of our Analysis Services Cube customers are going to love. In prior versions cube processing was performed serially which for customers with large cubes meant that cube processing could take longer than necessary. Now from RED 184.108.40.206 customers can configure for each cube whether they want to process the cube sequentially or in parallel. In addition customers can now choose which dimension they want to be processed with the cube, giving fine grained control over cube processing in RED. In our testing we’ve seen a 50% or more improvement in cube processing times.
Support for the latest Oracle and SQL Server product versions
From RED version 220.127.116.11 we fully support the Oracle 12c and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database platforms both as a data source and a RED repository.
Teradata Wallet Logon
Teradata users can now log into RED on Teradata using Teradata Wallet strings, centralizing all Teradata username and password management and eliminating the need for parameterized passwords within WhereScape generated scripts.
Teradata Surrogate Keys
Teradata users now have additional code generation options to support the use of non-identity columns as artificial keys. The generation of update procedures can now automatically add logic to the code which will associate a sequential number to the artificial key of the objects when a new row is inserted into the required table.
- We’ve added a new option when right-clicking on table columns in the centre pane: "Sync column order with database" - this will put the RED columns on screen back in the order as they exist in the physical table if in RED a column has been accidentally dragged out of place. This makes it easier to reconcile RED tables structures with how things look in the Data Warehouse database
- We’ve also added a feature that supports a "Distinct Data Select" property, which generates a distinct view of the selected data.
- The product team have also fixed a bug with SQL Server 2014 columnstore indexes where the creation of the index would fail when there were lots of columns with long names
- To help with data loading auditability RED now supports adding a dss_create_time column for Stage, Data Store, Normalized, Dimension Fact and Aggregate objects and auto-generated code. This feature can be configured from the Tools/Options/DSS Tables and Columns menu.
- Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT) Exports - Having long supported TPT for loading data, RED users can now generate TPT code to export data to Windows, Linux & Unix files.