March 16-17, 2021
This free TDWI online event consists of moderated tracks with specialist lectures taking place over two days. Get inspiration and solutions for your projects from the comfort of your home or (home) office. With TDWI Virtual, TDWI wants to create a platform on which the Data & Insights Community can come together even in times of the corona pandemic.
From analytics in the cloud to processes in times of corona digitization to machine learning & Kafka, this event offers a wide range of virtual options, from newcomers to professionals.
Tuesday, March 16, 2021:
Track 1: Data Management: Strategic Concepts and Challenges
Track 2: How do I bring AI into the company?
Wednesday, March 17th, 2021:
Track 1: Data Management: Implementation and case studies
Track 2: Architectures and the cloud
How Allianz Migrated to an Automated Data Vault on Snowflake (11:50 - 12:30 on Tuesday, March 16)
In this session, we learn how and why Allianz (Benelux) moved from their bespoke Data Warehouse Automation tool to an enterprise-grade solution, and the improvements this enabled them to make to their data infrastructure.
Topics covered include:
- Automating an Oracle to Snowflake migration project.
- Managing a Data Vault architecture that is growing in size and complexity.
- How WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation performs in comparison to Allianz’s homegrown solution.
The advantages of model-driven design and how to get the most from Data Automation tools (13:30 - 14:10 on Wednesday, March 17)
Industry expert Oliver Cramer gives his opinion on data warehousing design and delivery. His 30-minute session will answer questions such as:
- What are the advantages of model-driven design and what are the prerequisites to be successful?
- When is it best to use data-driven design instead?
- How does prototyping speed projects up and avoid human error?
- How does Data Automation support the growth of your data warehouse?
- How does ELT help to build and manage a data warehouse?