Datanami is pleased to announce the results of its fourth annual Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards, which recognizes the companies, products, and projects that have made a difference in the big data community this year. These awards, which are nominated and voted on by Datanami readers, give us insight into the state of the community.
We’d like to thank our dedicated readers for weighing in on their top picks for the best in big data. It’s been a privilege for us to present these awards, and we extend our congratulations to this year’s winners.
- Readers’ Choice: Apache Spark | Apache Hadoop | MongoDB | TensorFlow | PyTorch
- Editor’s Choice: Apache Arrow | Cassandra | ElasticSearch | Presto | Redis
- Readers’ Choice: Cloudera | IBM Watson | Snowflake | MongoDB | Databricks
- Editor’s Choice: Alation | DataStax | Starburst | DDN | Hazelcast
- Readers’ Choice: The Map of Biodiversity Importance, which combines 2,600 detailed species habitat maps that have been collected over the past 50 years into a single, searchable database that can be used by scientists and conservationists alike
- Editor’s Choice: Okera introduced the industry’s first fine-grained access control solution to support both structured and unstructured data from a single unified platform