Streamlining systems for dental health experts
With 80 dental practices in NZ alone, Abano Healthcare has a lot of data to manage. The company is still growing, purchasing new dental practices and integrating them into their organisation.
Abano chose WhereScape, to help them integrate and analyse the data from each practice. The answer. An automated and integrated solution providing analytics using WhereScape RED and 3D for collecting, collating and analysing data on a daily basis, so the team at Abano can use it for improved decision making.
One company with practices across Asia Pacific
Abano Healthcare Group is a NZ-based company that owns healthcare and dental providers in NZ, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. In NZ, they own 80 dental practices under the Lumino brand. The company buys existing practices and assimilates them into Lumino. This means integrating everything – data, systems, databases – which can be difficult, as no two practices operate in exactly the same way.
WhereScape has helped us to grow from being a good
company to a great company.
Why WhereScape RED?
- Improve time to value and cost savings in the order 4-10 times.
- Flexible business-aligned solutions providing quick access to information and trends.
- Well designed and built solutions that adhere to BI/DW best practices and organisational standards.
- Solutions that are easy to change and support.
- Supports best practice agile project approaches.
- The team can access around a million patient records and display reports on the data in near-real time.
- The marketing team can analyze data and create outcomes in minutes, without outside help.
- A report showing ROI on marketing can be generated within 15 minutes.
- Clinic bookings can be predicted months in advance, making it easier to manage capacity.
- Accurate, real time information helps the team test and monitor new marketing ideas.
WhereScape RED and 3D software is used to deliver enhanced analytics; automating the development and maintenance of a Business Intelligence solution. The WhereScape software enabled an iterative
approach to the design and delivery of analytics that were refined, iteration after iteration, as the requirements became better understood by all involved.
The result is that the team can access data in a variety of ways to analyze how the business is working and make informed decisions.
Faster, better, bigger – transforming the way Abano works
The Abano team don’t just find their new system effective and easy to use - they say it has transformed the way they do business. With faster reporting, more efficient business processes, the WhereScape system is better for patients, practices, and Abano Healthcare.
When we buy a practice we inherit their IT, their data, their databases and everything else. No two practices are exactly the same, so our big issue was trying to integrate all that data into a single system.
Better processes, better care
With around a million patient records across the business, an efficient system is essential. With WhereScape, the Abano team are able to access these records in close to real time, which means less time is wasted and business decision making is improved.
The system can predict clinic bookings months in advance so the team can manage capacity if and when they need to. This has made a big improvement to the operations of the business.
Making the most of marketing
The WhereScape RED and 3D solution lets the Abano team create a report that shows ROI on marketing in 15 minutes – which was impossible before the WhereScape Data Warehouse was created. This level of detail helps the team make informed decisions about marketing spend and value to the company and proves that the marketing efforts have a positive ROI.