WhereScape has released a report in partnership with TDWI, revealing how organisations can accelerate data warehouse development to meet demand for new data sets and insights. The report focuses on how data warehouse professionals can scale to handle continuously growing numbers of data solutions while also delivering each one in record time.
The report focuses on how data warehouse professionals can scale to handle continuously growing numbers of data solutions while also delivering each one in record time.
The TDWI ‘Accelerating Data Warehouse Development’ Pulse Report identifies how analytics professionals are under renewed pressure to develop new data sets and insights and develop them in shorter time frames than ever.
According to the report, automation and high ease-of-use supported in development tools and data platforms that are purpose-built for data warehousing (DW) are key to meeting these growing demands.
Key findings from the report include:
- The majority of respondents agree agility is needed, in the sense of speed, productivity, flexibility, and innovation (70%).
- The vast majority of survey respondents consider DW acceleration important. In fact, almost two thirds (62%) find it extremely important.
- Data warehouse professionals want their data quality issues automatically recognised and remediated (64%), and they want automation for data validation and verification (51%).
- DW developers are looking forward to tools supporting intelligent assistants that guide developers (19%), possibly based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- 33% agree that automation tools are affordable, compared to hiring and consultants.
To learn more about accelerating data warehouse development and to download a full copy of the report, click here.