While ETL and ELT solutions can be helpful to data warehousing teams for some data movement scenarios, data warehouse automation software provides teams with much broader, far-reaching capabilities and benefits across the entire data warehousing lifecycle.
Review this comparison guide titled Modern Data Warehousing – How Data Warehouse Automation Differs from ETL and ELT Tools to learn:
- the origins of ETL and ELT tools
- what data warehouse automation is and what it provides data warehousing teams
- the key differences between data warehouse automation and ETL/ELT solutions
- the 7 scenarios where data warehouse automation provides value beyond ETL/ELT solutions
- three key reasons to choose data warehouse automation over ETL/ELT approaches
You’ll also receive comparison chart that visually shows the starting and stopping points for a variety of tools throughout the data warehousing lifecycle, and see how automation software can unite the entire data warehousing process.