While ETL and ELT solutions can be helpful to data warehousing teams for some data movement scenarios, data warehouse automation software provides teams with much broader, far-reaching capabilities and benefits across the entire data warehousing lifecycle.
Review this comparison guide titled Modern Data Warehousing – How Data Warehouse Automation Differs from ETL and ELT Tools to learn:
- the origins of ETL and ELT tools
- what data warehouse automation is and what it provides data warehousing teams
- the key differences between data warehouse automation and ETL/ELT solutions
- the 7 scenarios where data warehouse automation provides value beyond ETL/ELT solutions
- three key reasons to choose data warehouse automation over ETL/ELT approaches
You’ll also receive a comparison chart that visually shows the starting and stopping points for a variety of tools throughout the data warehousing lifecycle, and see how automation software can unite the entire data warehousing process.
If you are ready to see WhereScape in action, please request a demo here.