Data Warehouse Automation
This whitepaper outlines the time savings that Data Warehouse Automation offers over hand-coding methodologies. It takes us through the data warehousing lifecycle of each approach, from design to production.
Automated Data Warehousing
Section one describes the traditional model. Each step on the traditional model has its own tool and its own team, and usually takes from between six weeks and six months or more to complete. Once you get to the end it is very complicated to make retrospective changes. At each step you are changing people and tools. After one team has finished with the code it passes it onto the next, which can often lead to human error and confusion if the completed work and instructions are not explained properly or sufficiently documented.
The next section describes how WhereScape Data Warehouse Automation enables you to complete the same process much faster. It tells you how to:
- Get from requirements into production in a matter of days
- Generate thousands of lines of native code in seconds rather than writing every line by hand
- Automatically document the entire process at the click of a button
- Fix bugs in a couple of hours
- Track the code through the whole process via an abstracted GUI